Writerbuddy.ai while uncovering the reports on AI Tools usage in the global industry has revealed that ChatGPT alone accounted for 14 billion traffic by covering a massive 60% of the digital traffic. According to the report published by Writerbuddy.ai on Uncovering the AI Industry: 50 Most Visited AI Tools and Their 24B+ Traffic Behavior, over 24 billion visits were generated from September 2022 to August 2023 by just the top 50 AI tools, with an average monthly growth of 236.3 million visits. App Store for AI: What is the Chat GPT Store? How can you Earn Money?
The report also says that ‘AI has been an omnipresent theme over the past year, pushing boundaries and redefining several industries in a short space of time.” While OpenAI ChatGPT has alone accounted for 14 billion traffic, covering a massive 60% of the traffic. Read here the complete research report.
This study intended to find out emerging trends in New Age Technology in the AI industry’s behaviour, traffic patterns, demographics, trends, and consumer interaction and usage cases. The data for the research has been done using SEMrush, a renowned tool in the SEO industry. While AI data usage research over 3,000 AI tools have been studied by scraping data from various directories that list AI tools. From these, the top 50 most visited tools data have been isolated. The research data has been taken for the study are from September 2022 to August 2023.
10 Findings on top 50 AI websites: Over 24 billion visits and ChatGPT has 14 billion visits making up over 60%
- Last year, people visited the top 50 AI websites a lot – like, 24 billion times a lot! That’s huge.
- Most of these visits were to ChatGPT. It got 14 billion hits! That’s over half of all the visits.
- Every month, on average, AI websites got 2 billion visits, but in the last 6 months, this jumped up to 3.3 billion.
- The visits to these AI sites grew almost 11 times in just one year, with about 236 million more visits each month.
- Three tools – ChatGPT, Character AI, and Google Bard – got way more popular. ChatGPT alone had an increase of 1.8 billion visits.
- But some AI tools like Craiyon, MidJourney, and Quillbot didn’t do so well and lost visitors.
- In terms of where people are visiting from, the US was the biggest source with 5.5 billion visits. Europe wasn’t far behind with 3.9 billion.
- AI chatbots were the most visited, with over 19 billion visits.
- Most people use their phones to access these AI tools – more than 63% of users.
- There were more male users (almost 70%) compared to female users (about 30%).
50 Most Visited AI Tools Over The Last 12 Months:
In the comprehensive exploration of the AI industry, the research by Writerbuddy has spotlighted 50 tools that have gained the most significant visits globally. In the collective count of research data, over 24 billion traffic, these tools highlight the global community’s growing affinity for AI-driven solutions. The table below provides an overview of the 50 most visited AI tools from September 2022 to August 2023. Must Read: What are GPTs? All About 3 Pillars Of The Language-Based AI Model
AI Industry: Traffic Growth Over the Last 12 Months
In the past year, AI has been a big deal in the tech world. Back in September 2022, the AI tools we looked at had about 242 million visits. You can see in the graph that the traffic to these tools grew a lot – by 10.7 times over the year. The major highlights of AI Industry Traffic Growth Over the last 12 months are mentioned below. Also Read Altman Vs Musk or ChatGPT Vs Gork; AI Market is Heated with CEOs’ Squabbles
- By August 2023, the number of visits was huge – 2.8 billion in just one month!
- To give you an idea, that’s an increase of 2.6 billion visits from the start to the end of our study.
- That means every month, on average, these AI sites get 236 million more visits than the month before.
- So what kicked off this big jump?
- It all started in November when ChatGPT became super popular really fast – it got 1 million users in just 5 days.
- After that, interest in AI kept growing until about May 2023. That’s when visits hit their peak at 4.1 billion.
- But then, there was a bit of a drop – traffic went down by 1.2 billion.
- Over the whole year, the average was 2 billion visits a month. But in the last 6 months, it was even higher – 3.3 billion visits a month.
- It’s pretty rare for a new tech trend like AI to get this much attention.
- Even with the drop, interest in AI is still way higher than last year – about 10.7 times higher.
- For investors, it looks like betting on AI would have been a smart move. They could have made 3 to 10 times their investment in just a year, if the popularity of these AI tools is anything to go by.
AI Industry: Traffic Growth Over the Last 12 Months
|Tool Name||Tool Category||Total Visits (Sep 22 – Aug 23)||% of Industry Total||Months Considered||Avg Monthly Visits|
|vocalremover.org||Voice & Music||165.5M||0.68%||12||13.8M|
|elevenlabs.io||Voice & Music||88.6M||0.37%||11||8.1M|
|voicemod.net||Voice & Music||73.5M||0.30%||12||6.1M|
|otter.ai||Voice & Music||70.7M||0.29%||12||5.9M|
|kaiber.ai||Image & Video Generator||47.6M||0.20%||8||6.M|
|noty.ai||Voice & Music||9.M||0.04%||12||.8M|
|Industry Total||50 Tools||24.3B||1||2.B|