OpenAI DevDay came up with various surprises for tech enthusiasts. One such announcement was for GPTs. It is a custom version of ChatGPT that can help people create their own AI bot to help in their daily lives, at specific tasks, at work, or at home, and then share that creation with other people.
GPTs are for everybody—an educator, coach, or just someone who loves to build helpful tools. You don’t need to know coding to make one and share your expertise. OpenAI says, “We launched ChatGPT Enterprise a few months ago, and early customers have expressed the desire for even more customization that aligns with their business. GPTs answer this call by allowing you to create versions of ChatGPT for specific use cases, departments, or proprietary datasets. Early customers like Amgen, Bain, and Square are already leveraging internal GPTs to do things like craft marketing materials embodying their brand, aid support staff with answering customer questions, or help new software engineers with onboarding.”
This article will help you understand GPTs and the three pillars of the language tool.
What are GPTs?
GPTs, Generative pre-trained transformers are a large language model considered a prominent framework for generative AI. They are trained on large data sets to generate human-like content.
In simpler terms, GPTs are custom ChatGPT, almost like its previous version but with some personalization features. As per the official website, GPTs will evolve and be smarter in the upcoming years, eventually being able to do real tasks in the real world. This new platform allows you to create your own GPT based on personal choices, including instructions, actions, and extra knowledge.
- Instruction: This text is going to be your GPT model’s training source. It may contain samples of the kinds of text you would like your model to produce.
- Actions: You want your GPT model to be able to do these kinds of tasks. One possible use case for your approach would be to compose various types of creative content, translate languages, or generate text.
- Extra knowledge: This is any extra data you would like to feed into your GPT model. Knowledge bases, data sets, and other resources well suit this feature.
You can create your GPT by using instructions, also known as system messages. It is a way to give GPT personality. You can refine it and make endless modifications. Through the configure tab, you can check the bio and all other information available in the bio. You can save all your creations for the future. This new model for creating GPTs through instructions can create custom models that cater to specific needs. To create your own GPTs, you can use the OpenAI GPT Builder tool. If you are still confused, please refer to the example below:
Task: Generating Poems
First, give accurate instructions.
- Write a poem following the style of Shakespeare.
- Use metaphor, similes,, and personification.
- It should be a love poem describing yearning and loss.
Secondly, give some examples
- Sonnet 18 The Valentine’s Day Sonnet
- Sonnet 116: The Wedding Ceremony Sonnet
- Sonnet 29: The Love Conquers All Sonnet
You can also use references as a knowledge base to achieve better answers from your GPT mode. Once you have provided the GPT Builder with the above information, you can train your model. Once the training is complete, you can download your model and start using it to generate poems in the style of Shakespeare.
The other major working model for GPT is through actions. These actions are plugins that enable GPT in the real world. To create your personalized GPTs, you can use the GPT Builder tool. Once you have provided your GPT Builder with OpenAPI specifications, you will be able to configure the action for your GPT model. It is a document that describes the action’s API, including the inputs and outputs of the action as well as the permissions for the action.
Some Actions that you could connect to your GPT model are:
- Database queries
- Payment processing
- Email sending
- Social media posting
- Code generation
- Creative content generation
OpenAI’s GPT Builder tool allows users to connect GPTs with external plugins, which enables it to perform actions in the external world. For example, you can connect your GPT to your social media account and publish the poem you wrote above automatically. Yes, you can do that with all the steps mentioned below:
- Open GPT Builder and create a new GPT model.
- Provide model guidelines for creating poetry.
- Link the model to an action on social media.
- Set up the action so that your social media accounts will receive the generated poems.
- Develop the model.
- And now you are good to go!
These basic steps can help you perform a wide range of tasks, simple or complex.
The Knowledge-based GPTs are usually the creative GPT models trained on assorted creative content, data, and other resources. It allows users to generate creative and informative texts in comparison to the other existing GPT models. Also, it works beyond the data limitations of ChatGPT if you provide it with the right set of data and information.
For example, you want to create a presentation on the G20 Summit held in India. But the AI bot is updated only until April 2023 (the latest GPT model). So in that case, you can upload various articles or documents from the G20 on your GPT and give prompts to create a presentation based on the available data.
The steps to create a GPT based on knowledge are:
- Use a range of creative content, including screenplays, stories, and poems, to train your GPT model.
- Give your GPT model access to resources such as knowledge bases.
- Give your GPT model clear instructions to encourage it to produce original content.
- Try out various prompting strategies to determine which one best suits your GPT model.
This third working model of GPTs is still under development; however, it holds great potential to become a powerful tool for professionals and businesses.
GPTs is about involving communities in the mission of building safe AGI for the benefit and service of mankind. It allows everyone to make the most of Artificial Intelligence to stretch access and improve the safe technology arena. This latest launch will also lead to the OpenAI API and the incorporation of assorted inputs into AI behavior.