“Alexa, Let’s Chat.”
“What’s on your mind?”
“How did my soccer team do yesterday?”
“OL Reign won 1-0.”
“Awesome! When did the score?”
“They score a goal in the 55th minute.”
Alexa’s new voice will sound more natural in the coming days – This is what has been announced during the Amazon September 2023 Event held on September 20 at the HQ2 campus in Arlington, Virginia.
During the big Amazon September 2023 device event it has been revealed that Alexa will be getting a major upgrade as the company plans on implementing a new large language model (LLM) into the tech assistant. The Next-generation Amazon Alexa will feature over 25 different character voices while holding a more personalized and natural conversation.
The LLM-based Alexa will become more “intuitive, intelligent, and useful” quoted during the Amazon September 2023 event. The LLM will allow it to work similarly to a generative AI and provide real-time information based on online searches. This will make Alexa more human-like and less robotic.
Alexa has got lots of updates besides the LLM. Below is a list of the 5 most promising features of the Amazon AI Alexa.
- Alexa Enhanced Natural Conversations: The AI-driven Alexa will respond in a more natural and engaging manner so that users can have the feeling of natural conversations with users. The voice assistant will even permit users with Visual ID to initiate conversations by simply facing the device without needing wake-up prompts.
- Advanced Smart Home Control: The new model of LLM Alexa can process multiple commands simultaneously. For example – if a user commands Alexa to close the curtains in the living room while turning on the lights, Alexa will execute both actions at once, eliminating the need for separate prompts for each action. Controlling Alexa’s home will be easier and more natural. Ask for multiple actions across different devices, all with a single request. Create personalized routines with ease—just ask Alexa. “ Turn on the light in the kitchen, set it to a soft white, and set the thermostat to 68 degrees.”
- Inclusive Accessibility Features: The upcoming Alexa is designed to assist users with devices like hearing, speech, or mobility disabilities. Now users can also interact with Alexa through their tablets, using gaze-based input to perform pre-set actions, such as playing music or controlling smart home devices.
- More Fluidity: Chat with Alexa continuously, no need to repeat the wake word. Alexa will also be able to recall things you’ve said before, helping you save time.
- Turn personalised conversation into action: A simple conversation with Alexa will lead to personalized dinner spot recommendations, ideas for a new movie to watch, or suggested plans for a weekend getaway.
- Express your thoughts on creative writing: Alexa Generative AI will be able to draft personalized thank you notes and send them to your phone, create bedtime stories to read aloud, and even suggest fun themes for the perfect dinner party.