Generative AI is a burgeoning field in the realm of AI that focuses on developing models that create new content.
This content ranges from texts and codes to music and scripts.
This technology is gaining popularity among businesses engaged in creative fields.
In this article, we will learn about generative AI models, their workings, their types, their uses, and all that you need to know.
We all know about the most famous Generative AI model, GPT, but there are more. Let us learn about them below.
What is a generative AI model?
A generative AI model is a kind of artificial intelligence that is capable of creating new content, like text, images, code, and music. Generative AI models use machine learning algorithms, including deep learning models like generative adversarial networks (GANs) or variational autoencoders (VAEs), which help them learn patterns from existing data. These models generate novel outputs, consistent with the data provided in their training, which is also original and creative. Amazon’s New Generative AI Revolutionizes For Ad Creatives
Generative AI models generally use natural language processing, neural networks, and deep learning algorithms to find hidden patterns in data.
How do generative AI models work?
Generative AI models work by:
- Providing large amounts of existing content: The data is used as a training ground for the AI model. This allows it to understand the basic patterns and rules that govern a specific content category.
- Learning and developing internal representations: This model analyzes data, identifies patterns, and builds an internal representation of the structure of the content to be generated.
- Generating content: After its training, the model uses its internal representation and creates an entirely new output.
Types of Generative AI Models:
1. Variational Autoencoders (VAEs): VAEs are trained to compress data into a latent space and later reconstruct it from that space. This helps them capture the underlying structure of the data and generate variations on it.
2. Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs): GANs consist of two neural networks competing against each other. One network called the generator tries to generate realistic data, and the other network called the discriminator tries to distinguish between real and generated data.
3. Autoregressive Models: Autoregressive models generate data one element at a time, predicting the next element based on the previous elements.
4. Flow-based models: Flow-based models transform a simple distribution into a complex distribution through the application of a series of invertible transformations.
5. Transformers: Transformers are a type of neural network architecture that is used for natural language processing tasks. They are also being used for generative modeling tasks.
Generative AI models are used for many purposes, based on which they have been classified into various categories:
Text generation: Tools like ChatGPT, Bard, and Jasper can generate realistic and creative text types like poems, code, scripts, emails, etc. Image generation: DALL-E 2 and Midjourney are popular examples of image generation tools.
Music generation: Jukebox and MuseNet are pioneering tools in the field of AI-generated music. These compose original music pieces in various styles and genres.
Code generation: GitHub Copilot and Tabnine are known to help developers by automatically generating code snippets and completing functions.
Game content generation: These tools are used for creating game levels, characters, etc.
Data augmentation: These tools are used for augmenting or enhancing existing datasets. They provide an improved training set for AI models.
Let us look at some of the best generative models available in 2023:
- ChatGPT: This tool needs no introduction. ChatGPT is a large language model developed by OpenAI. This AI tool is capable of generating human-quality text and creative content. The tool also answers the questions provided by users in an informative and creative way.
- Bard: Google’s Bard is another user-friendly generative AI tool. It is similar to ChatGPT in many ways. Bard has been trained on a massive dataset of text and code. It can generate texts, translate languages, write various types of creative content, and answer your questions. Read here details on Bard Generative Model
- Scribe AI: Scribe is a software application that uses AI to generate step-by-step guides and ease the documentation of the users automatically. It captures screenshots and user actions as and when a task is performed. Then it uses this information to create a visual guide with annotations and instructions. Then these annotations are added to each step to provide additional context and instructions. Read here about Generative AI? The Ultimate Guide
- Jasper: Jasper was formerly known as Jarvis. It is an AI-powered writing assistant that is designed to help users create high-quality marketing content. It uses machine learning and natural language processing to check and analyze user data. Then it generates content in different formats, like blog posts, social media posts, Ad copy, website copy, email marketing campaigns, sales letters, product descriptions, video scripts, and also long-form content such as e-books, etc. Redefining Photography in the Era of Generative AI
- Dall-E2: Dall-E2 is a useful AI image generation model developed by OpenAI. It is capable of creating extremely realistic images from text descriptions. It is a successor to the original Dall-E model. It offers significant improvements in image quality, resolution, and flexibility. Dall-E 2 is a revolutionary tool that has the potential to impact various creative industries. How DALL·E 2 AI system that created realistic images
- AI-Writer: The AI writing assistant offers features like generating outlines, writing different content types, and plagiarism checking.
- Autodesk’s generative design: This is a technology that leverages the power of AI and machine learning (ML) to automate the process of designing. This allows users to create high-performing and better designs that would be impossible to achieve with simpler methods.
- Lex: It is an AI writing tool that has been designed to help marketing teams create personalized and engaging content. It is a web-based AI writing tool that was launched in 2023. This tool helps users write different kinds of content using their natural language processing abilities. This application analyses the existing writing and suggests improvements. It generates various creative text formats, such as poems, scripts, code, etc.
- Wordtune: It is an AI-powered writing companion that was designed to help users improve their writing and communicate better. This AI tool offers various features and functionalities that make it a valuable tool for those who want to improve writing clarity and conciseness, enhance tone and style, correct grammar and spelling errors, generate different creative text formats, and increase efficiency and productivity.
- GitHub Copilot: GitHub Copilot is a code completion AI tool created in partnership with GitHub and OpenAI. It provides intelligent code suggestions, provides support for Multiple Programming Languages, aids in learning from open-source code, etc. GitHub Copilot uses a combination of machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) to understand codes and context.
There are many other generative AI tools like AlphaCode, Cohere Generate, Claude, Synthesia, StyleGAN, and more. Generative AI is being used every day by the general public without even realizing its presence. It is a field still in its developing stage, with a promise for much more.
StyleGAN synthesizes artificial pictures obscured from authentic photographs. This is the best use of this generative AI tool.
Among the best generative AI tools for images, DALL-E 2 has found its place at the top based on user reviews.
Cohere Generate provides custom content for emails, various landing pages, product descriptions, etc.